- 1 Med Lemon
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Margarine
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ C Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1 ½ t Milk, 1% Fat
- 1/8 t Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate 1 T. of lemon peel from the lemon (often referred to as the “zest”); set aside.
- Grease a 9×12 loaf pan
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and 1 ½ cups of sugar
- With pastry blender or 2 knives, used scissor-fashion, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in Lemon peel.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the milk.
- Next, with a rubber scraper, stir this mixture into the flour mixture just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Mix last 3 ingredients and drizzle over top of bread before it’s cut.