- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat.
- Stir in enough flour to make a roux.
- Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick.
- Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and brown.
- Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.