- Mini mason jars
- Vanilla cake mix and recipe ingredients (water, oil, and eggs)
- Vanilla frosting
- Food coloring (neon green, neon blue, purple)
- Small pastry bag and icing tip
- Prepare cake mix following the instructions on the box. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate cake mix into three bowls. Add a different food coloring to each bowl. Use purple food coloring in the smallest bowl.
- Begin filling jars. For the Mike jar, fill jar halfway with green cake mix. For the Sulley jar, add a layer of blue cake mix, then add small drops of purple cake mix on the sides. Continue adding purple spots as you layer in blue cake mix. Do not fill each more than halfway.
- Place jars in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. If you leave the cakes in the oven for too long, they can turn a slight brownish color around the bottom. Be sure to keep a close eye on them.
- Remove cakes from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- Place a dollop of white icing on top of the Mike jar. Place a blue chocolate candy on top.
- Use neon blue food coloring to make blue icing. Transfer to pastry bag. Pipe “hairy” icing on top of Sulley cake jar.
- Use purple food coloring to make purple icing. Transfer to pastry bag. Pipe “hairy” icing on top of Sulley cake jar.